Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Rubber Ducky, You're the One...



This weekend we celebrated my nephew Will's first birthday. We had a good time and Ella enjoyed being with her cousin. She had fun playing with toys that were new to her. She helped Aunt Gina put together an "Easter Tree", much like a tiny Christmas tree with Easter decorations. It all went well until one of the frogs ended up in Will's mouth. The Easter Tree then found itself sitting on the mantle.


My mom helped me make some ducky cupcakes and a small cake. It was my first time to make homemade fondant and I think that it turned out alright. We learned a lot about making and using the fondant and have some things to try for the next time. Overall a good experiance for my first try. We used fondant for everything, which was good, because I forgot to pack my frosting bags and tips!










Will enjoyed the fondant bubbles.



Ella really likes her Cousin Will!

3 comments:

  1. They turned out SOO cute!!
    and I'm LOVING Ella's dress!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE cake! Such a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Laura-Ella chose her dress. She would wear a dress every day if I would let her! It was the one she wanted to wear running the other day. It's her favorite!

    ReplyDelete