Sunday, November 28, 2010

New Ella-isms

As I keep being reminded by various friends and family, it has been about 6 months since I posted new Ella-isms. Just a warning that I have been a little scattered lately and this is going to seem like a hodge podge of information!

Vocabulary:
"lello" as in "Follow the lello brick road."
"aminals" as in "Mommy did you know that I like almost all of the aminals except maybe The Beast when he is grouchy, but he gets not grouchy at the end."
"curated" as in "In the beginning, God curated the Heavens and the Earth." (Her first memory verse!)
"frefer" as in "Hmmm...I frefer the veggie chips for lunch" (How many three year olds talk about the things they prefer?)
"Miss Donald's" as in "I would please like to go to Miss Donald's for dinner and get a Happy Meal."

"Mom I think we're carrot monsters!"
When going through the hospital for her sibling tour she was asked whether to use a soft voice or a loud voice. She replied "Loud voice, definitely loud voice!" (hmmm....try again)
We have friends that call their daughter "little nugget". Ella came home from their house and told her dad that he could call her "little fry" so that she and Pearl could be a Happy Meal.
When she didn't want to pick up her bath toys she looked at me (who was at least 7 months pregnant) and said "I just can't do it Mom, my tummy keeps hitting the bathtub." Nice try Sis!
She opened her little Toddler Bible one day and pointed and said "That's Rebecca and Sara, but not the ones we go visit" (my sister's names are Rebecca and Sara)
For the first month that we lived in New Haven and drove through campus she would say "Everything looks like a castle!"
She learned her first Bible verse "In the beginning God curated the Heavens and the Earth.-Genesis 1:1"
"That baby that's in my tummy is kicking me so hard it made me jump off the bed!"


New additions to "The Book" of things I never thought I would say until I was a mom:
"Please use your inside puppy voice"
"Can you please tell me when it is appropriate to scream and when it is not?"
"No you may not have any more milk today, you need to drink something else." (better than telling her not to drink so much soda, I guess)
"Puppy Ella, can you please get out of the kennel so that the other dogs can go to sleep?"

Along with the cute things that she has said or learned, there have definitely been some not so cute things. These things may or may not be accompanied by foot stomping, her hand on her hip or throwing herself on the floor wailing.
"You make me so frustrated!"
"You hurt my feeeeeeeliiiiiinggs!"
"You are so MEAN to me!!!!"
"I WILL NOT (insert whatever she doesn't want to do here)!"
"I don't want to hear a peep out of you!"
I think it's time to re-read my book about raising my "Spirited Child"!

She has also been learning all of her numbers and letters and read her first word "if" the week of Halloween. The next day we went to the library for a costume parade and story hour (which I will write about soon I promise). The librarian asked the kids to raise their hands if they could read and our little "reader" shot her chubby little hand up in the air! It was pretty cute. I guess one word counts for something right?

1 comment: