Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Vocabulary


I named this blog Simpoots and Mermaid Tales because for a very long time Ella could not say "swimsuit", she always said "simpoot". I have come to the realization lately that her vocabulary has just exploded and may surpass mine soon! Today I gave her two options for dinner, both of which she likes to eat. She looked at me and said "I don't like either of those choices Mom." As frustrated as I was that she didn't like the choices, I had to commend her on speaking clearly and telling us exactly what she was thinking instead of just saying "NO, NO, NO!!!" as she would have done in the not so distant past.

In the past week she has said "Thank you so very much, Mommy", "are you upset?" and "would you please turn the piano on, so that I can play?" She has also started calling me out when I am only half paying attention to her. She will say "NO MOM, not HMMMM, say YES."

Don't be fooled though, there are still some things that she still has a hard time with, like "lello" (yellow) and "noooofls" (noodles). Just when I think that she is getting to be such a big girl, I look over and she is stuffing a fistful of "nooofls" in her mouth. It makes my heart happy to see her learn and develop, but it also makes me happy to see that she is still a little girl too!

1 comment:

  1. Ha--I love her comment when you aren't completely listening. Such a funny girl!

    ReplyDelete