Friday, September 3, 2010

The Long and Winding Road

I promise, we really did move to Connecticut. Here's a little pictorial diary of our journey from the Midwest to New England.


This is what you do when you have packed most of your belongings and sent them ahead of you. You pack your car with everything left that will fit inside and on the top! It was so sticky and humid outside that my camera lens kept fogging up.


Poor boys! I was so concerned that they were going to die because they didn't have enough air and because they had to stay in their kennel for so long. Turns out they were getting plenty of air and were probably more comfortable than we were. They love their kennel!


So I missed the real Welcome to Missouri sign because I was talking to Matt on the phone. This is from the Welcome Center outside of St. Louis.


This sign was particularly cool. It was on the top of an arch covering the road. It was dark and we were both at the point of delirium by this time, so I didn't get a great picture. I promise it was cool though.


Here's a shout out to all my friends that are fans of The Office. We thought about going to Scranton, and then we thought, hey that's a ways away and there's nothing really IN Scranton, so we just kept driving.


There is New York, across the bridge. It is so close! I LOVE NYC!! It is one of my favorite places! I am hoping to take a day trip or two before I can't travel anymore.


We're almost there!!


We made it!


Here's Matt and me at Pepe's Pizza. I forgive him for making me miss the Missouri sign because I like him so much and he drove all the way up from Maryland to welcome us to the East Coast!

2 comments:

  1. That New Jersey sign is SO SO cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the state signs. Neat idea!

    Christy Rice

    ReplyDelete