Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends...

No, don't worry, I don't get high with a little help from my friends!
OK, I don't have to words to adequately express my gratitude to this fabulous group of ladies! These are the girls from my small group: Julia, Erin, Kelley, Kim, Sarah and Kristen. We have had a very rough past few months and these girls (and their husbands) have really just carried us when we felt we couldn't go on any longer. They have provided meals, childcare, encouragement, prayer and support among many other things. They have visited us in the hospital, given us lots of very good advice, and provided a lot of fun and laughter, which let's just be honest is what we need the most sometimes!




Melissa also drove up from Maryland for the day to watch Ella and to meet Aubrey. She went above and beyond and I am so grateful! It was so nice to see her and Ella had a lot of fun with her!


Living so far away from home is difficult, especially when you have had some of the things happen that we have these past few months. Having friends like these has really kept us going and we are so grateful for the love that they have shown a family that they didn't even know just four months ago.

"Two people can accomplish more than twice as much as one; they get a better return for their labor. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But people who are alone when they fall are in real trouble. And on a cold night, two under the same blanket can gain warmth from each other. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back to back and conquest. Three are even better, for a triple braided cord is not easily broken."
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

I truly feel that without the friendship that has been given to us we would be defeated. THANK YOU friends for taking care of us!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel- I'm glad you're giving CT a 2nd chance, and even if it disappoints again, I'm glad that our small group has been able to help you and Jimmie out during this difficult transition! Let us know if you need anything, anytime!

    ReplyDelete