Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A New Day

We have not had a very good taste of Connecticut so far (besides our friends)!

So far since we got here:

Our truck with all of our belongings in it was three days late, so we had to sleep on the floor and we didn't get to set up Ella's room before she got here.

We experienced record breaking heat. I experienced it pregnant with no air-conditioning! Woohoo!

We went to the only close Nazarene church, which was a little too far away, very small and very disappointing.

We have had to jump through many hoops to get our licenses (car and for me nursing) and insurance. Because it has taken so long to get my nursing license I still haven't been able to apply for a job.

We pay at least a third more for everything.

We got our car towed from a parking lot on a weekend night, requiring  a late night retrieval of the car and a hefty fee to get it back.

Jimmie got hit by a car on his bicycle.

We have had a debacle with the police department over the fault of the accident.

The man that hit Jimmie is now suing us for damages to his car.

We had over a thousand dollars worth of Christmas presents and some pictures of our trip to Italy stolen from our porch.

We had Aubrey in December and we love her so much and are so glad that she is part of our family, but we have had a rough start. She is very colicky and has reflux.

Aubrey had RSV and she and I stayed three days in the hospital.

That may not be an exhaustive list, but it is what I can think of now. The reason that I am writing this is because I am now done worrying about these things. I have spent so much emotional energy on so many of these things and I am tired of doing it!

We have so much to be thankful for! Jimmie is alive and was barely injured. Aubrey is with us and is healthy. Jimmie has a good job with excellent insurance. We have renters in our Kansas house to offset some of our expenses. If we would have continued to go to that Nazarene church we probably would have never met our wonderful group of friends and Ella would not have had the experiences that she has had at church. Our friends and family have been so incredibly supportive of us.

So I am metaphorically throwing this list of things into the fire and letting them go. I may think about them every once in a while, but I refuse to let these things control me any more. Today is a new day and time to remember the things I have to be thankful for. So Connecticut, I'm going to give you another chance. Let's try to have a better relationship from now on, OK?

1 comment: