Friday, March 12, 2010

Ella-isms

Here's a few of our latest "Ella-isms":

"We eat fruit because it makes us poop. It has lots of fider in it!"

"The pattat (bathtub) is dripping. That's because I'm pooping and peeing."

She has been calling me Rachel instead of Mommy lately. The other night she comes in and says
"I think I will call you Ruby!"

Often I hear my own words come out of her mouth.

Mommy-"Will you please hand me my socks?"
Ella-"Those are very good words! Good job!"

"When I say sorry, that makes you so happy!"

"That's a good plan, right?"

She is very attuned to people's feelings.

While watching The Little Mermaid, "King Tritan is so mean. He makes Ariel sad and makes her fight."

If Jimmie and I start speaking to each other "heatedly" we often hear "Don't talk mean words to my Mommy" or "Don't be so mean to my Daddy."

We hear lots of funny things when she is procrastinating going to bed:

Ella-"I need a drink."
Mommy-"No, I'm sorry, You just had a drink."
Ella-"But my tummy is so thirsty!"

The sister of "my tummy is so thirsty" is "my tummy is so hungry!"

"Tell the boys (our dogs) to come kiss me. It makes me so happy when they kiss me."

She often talks about things happening during "the sunny day" (daytime) or "the dark day" (nighttime). It has been very confusing to her that the sun has not been shining lately. She keeps waking up saying "I think today is a sunny day, oh no, it is not. Where is the sun?"

When she doesn't know how to do something she says "I can't know how."

And finally, when we can't understand her or are taking too long to respond she says "Read my lips..."

3 comments:

  1. HAHA!
    These made me laugh so hard. I've missed seeing her little face so much!
    And one of my adventures in definitely going to be to see you on the east coast! I'm thinking fall time when when the leaves start changing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I also like your descriptions under each of your pictures. :)

    Christy Rice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so funny, Rachel! My mom said Ella also called Max her sister while they were there...

    ReplyDelete