Thursday, March 4, 2010

Flaming Sushi and Cardigans...

Today was a nice day. I got to sleep in and I ate lunch with Jimmie and Ella. I have wonderful friends who watched Ella for me so that I could go run this afternoon. Then this evening Mary and I ate some very tasty sushi at Wa. My favorite is the Kansas Roll. It comes lit on fire. The Kansas Roll holds some very special memories for me. We usually eat one whenever we go to Wa. The first time that we had one we thought we would speed the flame dying process down a bit, so we poked the foil. Bad results. We ended up lighting the whole thing on fire! Good times! Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera out of my purse tonight, so we don't have any pictures of our flaming sushi.

After Wa we headed down to Sylas and Maddies. They make the very best homemade ice cream in town. They have very fun flavors like Rock Chocolate Jayhawk and Cookie Monster. Melissa met us. It was wonderful to catch up. We are looking forward to Girls Weekend on the Plaza next weekend!

After that we went home so that Ella could try on her flower girl dress for Melissa. She's going to be pretty darn cute. She had a nice time spinning in her skirt.
Mary and I finished off the evening at Target, one of our favorite places! My parents sent me some money and told me to spend it on myself...so I bought some new clothes and this fabulous pink hat. Mary thinks that the glasses are too big. I do enjoy my accessories, even though I often don't have time to remember to wear them!

Thanks ladies for a fun evening. Thanks Jimmie for watching Ella so that I could have a few minutes of girl time!

No comments:

Post a Comment