Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tornado

Well it is official. My house once again looks like a tornado blasted through and showed no mercy. However, this time it is because of my attempts at organization instead of my lack of organization.

It seems every room is in some sort of disarray. I have been sorting through all of my belongings deciding what needs to be sold, given away or thrown away. I have made great progress, but still have a long way to go.

Ella has been WONDERFUL these last several days. She has learned (finally) how to play by herself (usually right by my side) and has been fairly understanding of my need to get things accomplished. What a precious gift! I have been learning to ask for help when I need it (tough for me) and have been so appreciative of my friends, especially Sarah, Julie and Mary, who have really helped me out lately!

Jim and Brenda came up this weekend and were extremely helpful in finishing some projects around the house. They even stayed with Ella on Saturday when I had a surprise night off, so that Jimmie and I could go out.

It is nice to know what we will be doing soon, but also frightening in some ways to know how much needs to get done in a short amount of time. We now have a little over a month for Jimmie to finish and defend his dissertation. It is getting down to the wire. Very exciting and very scary at the same time!

Here are a few after shots of our work on Ella's room.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA!! Girl after my own heart not wanting to wear clothes! :)
    YAY for being organized. You're doing such a wonderful job! SO proud of you!

    ReplyDelete