Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaBloPoMo

Well, inspired by my friend Tara, I have decided to participate in National Blog Posting Month or NaBloPoMo! I would really like to get back into my blogging, and not just for sharing fun stories about the girls, but to express myself as well!

The prompt for today is: What is your favorite part about writing?

I would have to say being able to say things without anyone interrupting me! I have two little people at my house and rarely get to finish a complete thought. I go on play dates and my friends and I have very broken, interrupted conversations, the kind where you have to regroup every few moments because you forgot what you were talking about. I love my girls, don't get me wrong, but it is nice to be able to sit in a quiet, dark house for a few minutes at night and just think like an adult.

I am excited about getting back into my blogging. We are in another transition phase at our house. It seems both so recently and such a long time ago that we were in the same frame of mind, not knowing where we were going to be or what we would be doing. Jimmie has sent his applications out to so many schools and we are both anxiously waiting to hear back. He is doing remarkably well, but I know that he is so ready to find out something, anything! He has worked so incredibly hard for the last 6 1/2 years! I am so proud of him and want him to get the job that fits him the best. Hopefully this will be the last time that we will be waiting like this. We want to finally get settled. For most of our marriage we have been in transition. In Kansas we were able to get settled and truly loved our life there, but in the back of our minds knew that we had to move on. Connecticut has been a different story all together. We are (hopefully) only here for two years. The first year was an absolute roller coaster ride. We couldn't even think about anything outside of our house and our little family for a very long time. Now that things have calmed down a bit and we have gotten involved in our church, we are getting a little more settled and I think we are really going to miss our friends here!

So anyway, I'm hoping that I can chronicle the transition to the next phase of our life. Hopefully it will be the settled phase and hopefully it will be many miles closer to Oklahoma and our families than we are right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment