Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sad Day


Today, January 7th, 2010, I lay to rest my blanket. This blanket has gone everywhere with me for nearly 28 years. My mom and Grandmom made it for me when I was born and it has truly been loved, as is evidenced by the pictures. The batting has been replaced several times. Yes, you can see through it in some places. I am always cold and this blanket no longer provides the warmth that I require in a blanket. I also keep putting my feet in the holes. Hopefully this new one will be warm and soft enough to fulfill my blanket needs. Rest In Peace sweet blanket.

Yes, that is a very large hole in the middle of the blanket.

The new blanket.

2 comments:

  1. So sad Rachel, but the new one looks very cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree!! The new one is nice, just not the same! :) You need to see the new quilt I made!!

    ReplyDelete